Patient-Centered Medical Home
Internal Medicine & Primary Care
A Patient Centered Medical Home is a model of health care where the care is “centered” around your needs; providing
- information regarding a particular disease or diagnosis
- phone calls returned on a timely basis.
- coordination of your care with all your providers
- preventive services to maintain your health
- patient engagement outside of your visit
Your doctor leads a team of health care professionals that collectively provide medical needs – both in wellness and in illness.
- actively participate in your care
- ask questions and share information
- prepare for your visits- bring your medications, immunization records, personal health records- to help your care team provide the most care to you
- provide us a list of all your physicians and providers
- inform us when you visit specialists
- inform us when you are hospitalized or visit the emergency room
Our Practice is participating in the new Primary Care First care model beginning January, 2022. Primary Care First is based on the principles underlying the previous Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) model design.
We continue to partner with Medicare and other health insurance plans in this initiative.
We are continuing the work we started with the CPCI and CPC plus programs to improve the comprehensiveness and the quality of care we provide to you.
Click here for the Primary Care First participation announcement.
We encourage your active participation in your own care.
Ask us for more information at your next visit. You can also visit https://innovation.cms.gov/innovation-models/primary-care-first or Call 1-800-MEDICARE
JOYCE NKWONTA, M.D © 2013
1314 PARK AVENUE, SUITE 1, PLAINFIELD, NJ 07060
We have adopted the Patient Centered Medical Home philosophy of health care delivery.
For our patients on multiple medications, our pharmacist will help you:
- understand your medications
- reduce cost when possible
- reduce medication load when possible
Diabetes Education Program
Patient Care Coordination
Dedicated Care coordinator to help our patients with complex needs navigate their health care.
Patient Family Advisory Council
In an effort to engage our patients in their own care, we have formed a Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC).
For more information or to get involved, please call 908-561-9733.
Behavioral Health Care
We work with our partners to provide care management and access to Behavioral Health services.